CALL FOR INNOVATIVE THREAD DEVELOPMENT AND TREATMENT PROPOSALS
Aptos is delighted to announce the launch of its 2022 R&D Grant Program. Aptos continues to support highly innovative and cutting-edge solutions to advance the practice of dermatology, plastic surgery, and aging science.
Aptos Grant Program is inviting all the doctors of aesthetic medicine (Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Aesthetic Physicians, and any dedicated doctors) to share their innovative ideas and win a considerable grant to fund further research.
- New Product in the thread treatment field
- New Method in the thread treatment field
Aptos Grant Program Description:
- One grant of up to $10,000 will be awarded in each category.
- The program winner will receive a grant of up to $10,000 to fund further research and development of the proposed idea.
- Aptos Grant Program only invests in the research and development of a new product or method in the thread treatment field.
- Aptos will facilitate the management of the R&D and only fund expenditures such as product/method design, testing, development, commercialization and etc.
The Aptos Committee:
With fairness and objectivity of the judging process, each category will be judged by the specially convened committee selected for their competence and reputation. The winner in each category will be selected at the sole discretion of the selection committee.
The committee is composed of:
- Aptos inventors: Dr. Marlen Sulamanidze / Dr. George Sulamanidze / Dr. Konstantin Sulamanidze
- Aptos scientific advisor: Dr. Benjamin Ascher / Dr. Albina Kajaia
- Academic Board: Dr. Foad Nahai / Dr. Sebastian Cotofana
- Aptos R&D department representative – Dr. Murat Tsintsadze / Dr. Lamzira Ebralidze
- Applicant must not submit a grant proposal in more than one entry category.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The proposal must revolve around the thread and thread treatment.
- Concepts without a clear hypothesis or rationale for improved efficacy, potency, safety, and/or ease of use over the current method/product in the thread treatment field will not be considered.
- Proposals without any data to support the proof of principle will not be considered.
- we recommend that you attach a video, photo, drawing, statistics, references, scientific literature background, patient survey, etc. *
- Aptos Grant Program is open to all aesthetic medicine representatives around the world.
- Entry to the Aptos Grant Program is completely free of charge for all interested aesthetic medicine professionals.
- To enter Aptos Grant Program, download and fill out the proposal (attached below)
- Application must be submitted in English- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relevant supplementary materials to be provided for an in-depth understanding of the proposed concept: video, photo, drawing, statistics, references, scientific literature background, etc.
- The grant entry is completely confidential and will only be viewed by the selection committee.
- There will be no opportunity to amend your entry once you have submitted your application.
The Selection Criteria:
The new product/method proposal in the thread treatment field must have a solution-based approach that is the basic selection criteria for Aptos Grant Program.
- Solution-based approach involves both, product, and product application methods, as an integral part of the solution that is oriented to solve the specific medical condition.
- Proposed thread treatment methodology should include specific product and its performance characteristics to be considered a solution-based approach.
- Proposed product concept should also include a specific application methodology to be considered a solution-based approach.
The selection committee will consider innovation along with the significance of the proposal to the aesthetic community, scientific impact, and technical excellence. Scientific and technical merit (e.g., product and methodology, overall quality, and comprehensiveness).
The submission must include a rationale or how the new product/ method proposal differs from what is currently available or in development in the aesthetic thread treatment field.
- 2022 Entries Open: 10th December 2022
- Entries Close: 16th January 2023 (11:59 PM)
- Winners Announced: At the award ceremony during IMCAS worldwide on January 2023
- Winners will have full worldwide exposure through all Aptos communication channels.